I failed to see the light in the beginning. Twitter which was basically introduced as a micro-blogging idea on the question of ‘What are you doing now?’ seemed pretty lame and not-very-useful to me.
But over time people have come up with finding the right applications of Twitter.
1. Twitter as a broadcast service. For emergency updates like California fires etc. Twitter is probably the fastest medium of information exchange.
2. Live News, stock quotes, sports scores. http://twitter.com/baggygreen has been my way to know the latest scores the recent India v/s Australia test series
4. This blog details out how famous blogger Robert Scoble used Twitter to bring a press conference right in front of his audience. Journalism taken to a whole new level.
5. Ask for help. Have a problem with your PC or any app? Twitter away to get instant help.
1. I wish I could group people using tags/labels and send messages to a specific group say family, friends, etc..
2. Google should be on twitter too. I would then be able to query latest stock quotes/scores. But I guess they won’t do this since you can’t show Ads on a 140 char limit tweet